STORM G7...ci siamo quasi

Pagina 1 di 4 1 2 3 4 ultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 33
    gibibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito STORM G7...ci siamo quasi

from Cathar over at atomicmpc.com:

"Next block I'll be making is the Storm/G7.

G4 = 35 jets with copper base
    G5 = 59 jets with silver base
    G7 = 117 jets with silver base"
    cathar stamane ha affermato su Xtermesystem che il modello al cad è ultimato e nn resta altro che dare in pasto alla cnc il blocco....quindi queste sono le prime indiscrezioni(almeno se nn ne scordo qualcuna) sul suo futuro Wb,un Wb che dovrebbe andare a sostituire l'attuale Storm G5......

gibibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

ed ecco il mess postato su xtreme....

from Cathar over at XtremeSystems:

I'm happy because the Storm/G7 is now finally modelled in CAD ready to go into the CNC mill.

It makes even the G5 look clunky in comparison.

exbibyte L'avatar di wasky
    configurazione

Predefinito

sarà sempre in Copper 110 il Base plate ? come nei modelli precedenti ? non credo lo faccia solo di argento ::

wasky

In a Audio Computer Transport, Parameters like RAM settings, RAM quality and motherboard traffic all make a perceptible difference. The purity with which data is streamed to the DAC is critical. Cics

gibibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

per ora,a sua detta,ha intenzone di proporre l'alternativa a G5...quindi dovrebbe essere solo argento...cmq per quanto ne so io queste sono le uniche indiscrezioni "affidabili" quindi di + nn saprei

gibibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

Per chiarire una questione(gli chiedevano un po' di cose riguardo ai suoi progetti,ed eventuali lavori futuri:
    Cathar su Xterme systems oggi:
    Hmmm, need some clarifications here obviously.

G7 is as far as the design can go physically with CNC machines and cutters that I have access to. Could perhaps do a G8 given aerospace quality mills but to do so would also require custom building most of the tools and cutters to make the block because we're now dealing with incredibly small dimensions.

The other problem with going to higher than a G7 is that the flow resistance starts to climb quite aggressively due to the nature of the design. Also, some of the principles in the block begin to break down and all I'd be left with was some sort of modified micro-channel type block.

To put it into perspective for you guys for a G7 level design's intricacy, consider a US dime (10c piece) size area, the G7 would pack well over 60 (sixty) jets/cups pairs into that area. Go grab a dime and picture it.

So G7 is the limit, unless I find a spare US$5K and get a G8 made up, which is just truly silly.

Cost for me to get say 10 of them made? This is not known yet but if I had to estimate it, ~$300US each. Yes. It's that kind of silliness.

Giving serious thought to stopping making CPU blocks completely after this. I WILL do another G5 batch, which will include technology explored in the G7, and run them until I run out of the silver base-plates I have here in reserve (about 30), and after that I'll stop. I still have two more ideas that I want to explore for waterblock design but my confidence level is rather neutral at present for purposes of imagining that they will improve upon the Storm design. Have begun prototyping of one of the ideas already.

Seriously though guys, hitting very, very hard physical limits here now. There are no BIG gains left. There's only so much you can do with 0.5-3W of hydraulic pumping power, PC-case limited radiator sizes, and so on. Even with much stronger pumping powers the gains are small.

I wrote some years back that I didn't think that more than 3.5°C better than a White Water on a 100W 100mm² CPU would be realistically achievable, and that 4.5°C better is about an absolute theoretical limit (and anything between 3.5-4.5°C is not realistically achievable or practical). I believe that the G7 will pretty much take me right up to around the 3°C better mark. Now by 3°C, I'm talking about relative to BillA's old CPU test die, not Procooling's which compresses temperature differences.

Oh, and the G7 is also designed to really kick-butt at low-flow too, not that any of my designs suffered comparitively at low flow (<0.5gpm) but I'm aiming to set a new benchmark at down to 0.3gpm here too.
    P.S. appena ho tempo vedo di abbozzare una traduzione nella nostra lingua,così è + chiaro per tutti

Nexthardware Staff L'avatar di vkbms

Predefinito

Bah...Ok che i wb di Chatar sono dei veri gioielli ....ma invece di sfornarne di nuovi nn potrebbe aumentare un po a produzione? Cosi magari potremmo acquistarli pure noi....invece che solo gli "eletti".... ...meno male ci pensa la swiftech....

byte L'avatar di Jeff

Predefinito

il g7,chissà come sarà

Però,quoto il discorso di vkbms,perchè noi no?

tebibyte L'avatar di warez

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da vkbms
    Bah...Ok che i wb di Chatar sono dei veri gioielli ....ma invece di sfornarne di nuovi nn potrebbe aumentare un po a produzione? Cosi magari potremmo acquistarli pure noi....invece che solo gli "eletti".... ...meno male ci pensa la swiftech....
    è come se la ferrari optasse, da un momento all'altro, per la produzione in massa delle sue vetture...di sicuro, qualitativamente, nn sarebbe la ferrari che è adesso

del resto...credo...che sia una scelta di mercato...meno wb ma perfetti sotto ogni punto di vista

ovviamente è tutto IMHO

al massimo si dovrebbe chiedere a Chatar perchè è cosi' restio a spedire nel nostro paese...forse la risposta c'è...ma la tengo per me...solito discorso di autoterminazione da questo forum

/warez

gibibyte L'avatar di lupacchiotto

Predefinito

M'hai anticipato Warez

Nexthardware Staff L'avatar di vkbms

Predefinito

beh il discorso sulla qualità posso capirlo in pieno....ma magari avere solo la possibilità di acquistarne uno sarebbe gradita...

Pagina 1 di 4 1 2 3 4 ultimo

Informazioni Thread