Jonathan Riddell : Standing down as release manager

Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 2 su 2
    pebibyte

Predefinito Jonathan Riddell : Standing down as release manager

Credo sia abbastanza importante notare come la mercificazione di TUTTO porti inevitabilmente anche alla sua distruzione, prima o poi.
    (nel senso che non tutto dovrebbe essere mercificato)

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ku...er/010014.html

With 15.10 successfully released I'm standing down as release manager of Kubuntu. Making Kubuntu over the last 10 years has been a fantastic journey. Even since I first heard about a spaceman making a Linux distro using Debian but faster release cycles I've known this would be something important and wanted KDE to be part of it. Bringing together KDE and Ubuntu has created the best operating system we can and the best community to work on it. The life of an international freedom fighter is a fun one, I've traveled the world on private jet to meet extraordinary people and see amazing places. I watched monkeys swing from the network cables of Bengaluru and raced motorcycles through the slums of Kano. I was a a bit put out to be attacked by pirates in the Carribean but the help of the Kubuntu community and wider Ubuntu community helped me come back. Community made open source software needs people to be able to take out what they've put in. Ubuntu's licences and policies enforce this. However for the last three years Ubuntu's main sponsor Canonical has had a policy contrary to this and after much effort to try to rectify this it's clear that isn't going to happen. The Ubuntu leadership seems compliant with this so I find myself unable to continue helping a project that won't obey its own community rules and I need to move on. I won't be going far, I'll be helping out in KDE more, the original and best end-user free software community who have always been wonderful. At a meeting with the Ubuntu Community Council to find a way forward I was told to remove myself from the Kubuntu Council launchpad team. This was done under duress and is contrary to to the votes of Kubuntu members who were never consulted on this. No way forward was suggested by the UCC. This has led to to an ambiguous situation on whether I'm still in the council or not so I'll now withdraw my membership of Kubuntu council to tidy that up. Ubuntu now needs to work out if it still wants to be a community made project. I've heard from too many people who feel they have been bullied out of the project for this to be a personal problem. It needs a community council who will stand up for the third party and volunteer developers, who will critisise when money is collected for additional use of commmunity but not used for this and who will ensure the Ubuntu policies on copyright licences are not in question and above all one that does not cause people to leave the project being felt they have been bullied out. Good luck. In Friendship Jonathan

●⁞◌ Ȏrȉzzȏntέ Ðέglȋ ȨvέntȊ ◌⁞●

Predefinito

Sarebbe grave se Kubuntu fosse stata l'unica distro in giro, ma ritengo ce ne siano un po per tutti i
    gusti: poco utile prendersela così. Le cose cambiano intorno e nella vita di ognuno di noi: l'idea
    dell'immutabilità è solo illusione :-)

Bisogna farsene una ragione e rammentarsi che si tratta, pur sempre, di un sistema operativo

Tra l'altro, al momento di esser d'accordo a far entrare investimenti esterni (di chi in un modo o
    nell'altro tende a far quattrini) pur di elevare le caratteristiche del prodotto, quello di un cambio di
    linee guida rimane pur sempre, obiettivamente, un rischio che prima o poi potrebbe comunque
    dover essere affrontato.

Informazioni Thread