Monaco Hiend 2015

Pagina 2 di 3
prima
1 2 3 ultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 11 a 20 su 27
    nibble L'avatar di EuroDriver

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da rogers
    Stavo pensando che il caro Danny, visto che ha la fortuna di poter partecipare a questi interessanti eventi berlinesi, potrebbe dedicare almeno un giorno intero alle nostre richieste specifiche...
    cioè, teleguidato come un drone, visitare le salette di nostro interesse far foto e filmini...
    Che ne dite?

Prenotazioni:

1. Roger

Friends, let me know what interests you and I will try my best to visit the stand
    HQ Player 3.6.1.1 on various PC's > HQ Player NAA on WS 2012 + AO(MSM) on i7 3770 on DH61DL mobo > TOTALDAC D1 USB cable >
    Exasound E20 Mk III with 0.82 clock > Hypex NCore 400 > Inakustik LS1203 >
    B&W 805D. DSpeaker 8033 > Velodyne SPL 1200 Ultra
    GIK room treatment, diagonal speaker placement

Sonos Connect> Toslink > miniDSP Dirac DDRC-22D > Toslink > NAD D3020 > inAkustic zip cord > KEF LS50 + SVS SB-1000
    No room treatment, tiled floor, asymmetric room, unequal speaker distances to listening position

Predefinito

Munich High End 2015

It's been a pretty exciting couple of weeks in the run up to Munich High End.

On the analog side of things we have the latest solid state pre-amps and mono block power amps from Audiopax in Brazil. Silvio and Julio have flown in from Brazil and are doing the final adjustments and burn in at Geoffrey Armstrong's Gallery in Monaco.

Avantgarde Acoustic are lending us a pair of their Duo Omega speakers. These have a tweeter horn and a midrange horn paired with an active subwoofer all on one chassis. I understand there is no crossover network between the tweeter and midrange, but just one cap !

All cabling is from Tellurium Q. We are using a cable cooker from Singapore to get the cables up to speed before the show. Tellurium Q's Black Diamond USB is pretty amazing, and it will do the USB transmission honors instead of the Corning which shuts down sometimes after running. The last USB handover will be by a Regen green, we have two of these precious units which we will guard with our lives.

Tellurium Q are providing us with multiple copies of their system workout disk, which we will be using for final cable burn in and to get the system singing and ready for showgoers.

Any light fingered visitors will be distracted by Melanie, our show hostess. I had over 20 applicants, 3 finalists, which I submitted to the team, and Melanie passed the double blind test hands down.

We will have a reasonably treated demo room, 5 meters by 6 meters by 2.7 meters with lots of GIK panels. We are welcoming Dave Sherwin from GIK UK who has contributed additional panels and will review our treatment setup.

On the DAC side of things, Lucas sent over a Lampizator B7 with DSD128 and it is singing. ! There is also an Antelope Zodiac Platinum and Antelope will be lending us their 10 M clock which works on the USB transmission. The Exasound E22 powered by the Uptone Audio JS-2 will be giving the European DAC's a run for their money. It's the only DAC we will have that accepts native DSD256. Each one of us has a personal favorite, but no fighting, as all three will be demoed.

On the computer side, I have been working with Phil of Audiophile Optimizer fame and Larry Mitchel (lmitchie). With their help and hours of one on one collaboration, we have put together an OS tuned for HQ Player that is simply incredible. On the computer hardware side, there have been improvements that we simply did not realize could be achieved. This PC and OS combo running HQ Player doing PCM to DSD 128 and DSD256 as well as DSD 64 to DSD128 has to be heard to be believed. I had some 30 year old HiFi hobbyists who heard the system 4 weeks ago, before Phil and Larry's input , listen to the final show computer system last night and they were stunned by the improvement.

We have not forgotten Mac users and we will have Audiovarna Plus as well as HQ Player on MAC OS

Showgoers are welcome to bring their favorite track on USB stick or CD which we will rip to FLAC.

All in all, a feast for the ears and eyes, and hopefully inspirational for your next steps on your HiFi journey

If you are attending, please comment below, I will PM with you to exchange contact details, and we will look out for you at the show

Hope to see some of you and looking forward to shaking the hand of Audiodan !
    HQ Player 3.6.1.1 on various PC's > HQ Player NAA on WS 2012 + AO(MSM) on i7 3770 on DH61DL mobo > TOTALDAC D1 USB cable >

Sonos Connect> Toslink > miniDSP Dirac DDRC-22D > Toslink > NAD D3020 > inAkustic zip cord > KEF LS50 + SVS SB-1000
    No room treatment, tiled floor, asymmetric room, unequal speaker distances to listening position

kibibyte L'avatar di Maggio

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da EuroDriver
    On the computer side, I have been working with Phil of Audiophile Optimizer fame and Larry Mitchel (lmitchie). With their help and hours of one on one collaboration, we have put together an OS tuned for HQ Player that is simply incredible. On the computer hardware side, there have been improvements that we simply did not realize could be achieved. This PC and OS combo running HQ Player doing PCM to DSD 128 and DSD256 as well as DSD 64 to DSD128 has to be heard to be believed. I had some 30 year old HiFi hobbyists who heard the system 4 weeks ago, before Phil and Larry's input , listen to the final show computer system last night and they were stunned by the improvement.
    Would you give us more info about that?
    Kind Regards

Maggio

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da Maggio
    Would you give us more info about that?
    Kind Regards

Maggio
    This coming Sunday, all details will be revealed and Audiodan can give his independant assessment of how it sounds

kibibyte L'avatar di Maggio

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da EuroDriver
    This coming Sunday, all details will be revealed and Audiodan can give his independant assessment of how it sounds
    Good!

tebibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

These are very very good news! I cannot get my no-dac because it's too large and heavy, it could be a really and interesting match with Lampizator. If possible I'll be in Monaco Montecarlo in August, because my son go to study in Lyon and I must accompany him by car........
    Edward get ready to suffer my presence in Geoff's room, it will be an hard test for you andfor the entire team

Moderatore L'avatar di bibo01
    configurazione

Predefinito

Audiodan and Eurodriver
    please check if you find any producer of ethernet interfaces for a DAC

Predefinito

Will try my best to find an Ethernet interface for DAC that can accept DSD streams

The Audiopax / Sound Galleries team stayed in our demo room until 3:30 am this morning ! What a joy the system is bringing to us listening to wonderful music of all genres.

Geoff Armstrong has Kodi and subsonic running so very very reliably with HQ Player that we are going to use tablets to select the next song to be played and HQ Player will close and reopen with the next song

User Friendly experience comes to HQ Player

The Audiopax 50 watt mono blocks drive the Avantgarde Duos with clarity, precision and dynamics that is breathtaking !

We have just enough panels to get the flutter echo under control and the bass behaving it self

The Lampi B7 and the Antelope Zodiac Platinum with the external 10M clock are both sounding excellent with DSD 128 from HQP

This morning we will start up the Exa E22

It's not too late to hop on a plane, bus or train, to hear the best sound you have ever heard from a stereo, period.

However you will be able to hear the same system in Monaco in a few weeks time

Need to jump in the shower now

Ciao !

tebibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

Al di là del piacere di incontrare di persona Edward (Eurodriver) e il suo amico Geoff Armstrong, con cui ho passato diverse e piacevoli or di chiacchere e ascolti ( bel setup con un Lampizator che non suona per niente male e con amplificazioni Audiopax (Brasiliane e costose, ahimè...), direi che dal punto di vista digitale la delusione è molta. Ne parlerò meglio a bocce ferme ma l'impressione fortissima è che qui siamo avanti di molti anni nello sviluppo di sistemi digitali di alte e anche altissime prestazioni. E' che solo a pensarlo si viene tacciati di autoreferenzialità...........ma chiunque abbia partecipato anche solo marginalmente a questa nostra sarabanda ribollente sa di aver ottenuto risultati tangibili. Ora vado a continuare a girare e ad ascoltare...........poveri piedi e, spesso, povere orecchie!

Moderatore L'avatar di bibo01
    configurazione

Predefinito

Hai ascoltato anche il nuovo Lector DSD NoDAC?
    Non ricordo esattamente il nome, comunque è senza D/A chip, con uscita a tubi tipo Lampizator e passthrough S/PDIF per PCM.

Pagina 2 di 3
prima
1 2 3 ultimo

Informazioni Thread