Pagina 37 di 38
prima
... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 361 a 370 su 379
    tebibyte L'avatar di UnixMan
    configurazione

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da hifi25nl
    No. Pensi che si possa compilare con il kernel 4.18.x?
    non ne ho idea...
    Ciao, Paolo.

«Se tu hai una mela, e io ho una mela, e ce le scambiamo, allora tu ed io abbiamo sempre una mela per uno. Ma se tu hai un'idea, ed io ho un'idea, e ce le scambiamo, allora abbiamo entrambi due idee.»

bit

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da bibo01
    Why don't you have a try?!
    You can keep AudioLinux on USB flash drive and run it from there without modifying your main HD. Insert it in a USB 3 port and this Sandisk Extreme USB stick can do up to 245 MB/sec.
    I want to try/buy, but can't seem to understand the instructions on the Audiolinux webpage. I want to copy it on a Sandisk extreme pro and boot, I have MacBook Pro and nobody seems to have used MBP.

Is there a step by step guid for dummies, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

kibibyte

Predefinito

What is not clear? Can you be more specific?

bit

Predefinito Installation

What is not clear? Can you be more specific?
    Hi Piero,

Yes sure, I will try to be specific. Let's start with the first step..

1) Boot from external installation and download the image file going to http://www.tophifi.it/ftp/packages/i...nux_220.img.gz (user audiolinux, password is sent by email after purchase)

What do you mean by "Boot from external installation", do you mean I turn on my Mac, press the option key and choose to boot from the Sandisk card (which is blank)?

kibibyte

Predefinito

In your case is easier, since mac is supporting command dd in terminal, you boot with your mac and download the file, you don't need to boot from an external device.
    After you can follow the remaining installation steps.

tebibyte L'avatar di UnixMan
    configurazione

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da Narcos
    What do you mean by "Boot from external installation", do you mean I turn on my Mac, press the option key and choose to boot from the Sandisk card (which is blank)?
    No, of course. You boot from your normal system (donwload the image if you have not done it already) and write the image to the card. Beware: "write the image to" means low-level writing it (its contents) to the card, not copying the file. To do so you can use the 'dd' command as described in the docs.
    Ciao, Paolo.

«Se tu hai una mela, e io ho una mela, e ce le scambiamo, allora tu ed io abbiamo sempre una mela per uno. Ma se tu hai un'idea, ed io ho un'idea, e ce le scambiamo, allora abbiamo entrambi due idee.»

bit

Predefinito

In your case is easier, since mac is supporting command dd in terminal, you boot with your mac and download the file, you don't need to boot from an external device.
    After you can follow the remaining installation steps.

Ok, my Sandisk card is on order and will arrive tomorrow, I will get Audiolinux at the same time.

Do you advise using "Etcher" to copy the image file to SD, will Etcher make it easier somehow?

bit

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da UnixMan
    No, of course. You boot from your normal system (donwload the image if you have not done it already) and write the image to the card. Beware: "write the image to" means low-level writing it (its contents) to the card, not copying the file. To do so you can use the 'dd' command as described in the docs.
    Thanks Paolo,

You mean as explained in step 5.

5) If, for example, the HD is /dev/sda, copy the image with
    gunzip -c audiolinux_220.img.gz | dd of=/dev/sda
    on Ubuntu: gunzip -c audiolinux_203.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sda
    (this will delete the hd, it is not necessary to format it previously)

kibibyte

Predefinito

Yes, you are right.
    About etcher I am not sure it will work. For working, it should use the command dd as in my installation guide.
    Etcher or Rufus in Windows cannot apply the step 6)
    6) Launch gparted and extend the ext4 partition until covering the remaining part of the hard disk (this will fix also GPT size errors)

bit

Predefinito

Hi Piero,

Raspberry Pi 3 only came with 1GB of RAM, do you think it's feasible for you to reduce the size of AudioLinux image significantly for running headless ramboot mode?

Thank you.

Pagina 37 di 38
prima
... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ultimo

Informazioni Thread