i7-4930k on ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011 race-horse recommendations please

Pagina 1 di 2 1 2 ultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 13
    nibble L'avatar di EuroDriver

Predefinito i7-4930k on ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011 race-horse recommendations please

The experimental goal is to have a PC with minimal latency through a combination of higher CPU clock speed, fast memory and higher mobo clock speed.

Just by chance I had a hex core 4930 K and I just ordered last week an ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011 for a desktop gaming machine, which is now going to be pressed into service as a HQ Player desktop machine which will be talking to a HQ NAA

OS is going to be WS2012 + AO

The 4930 K has a TDP of 130 watt, and I am think of using a large Noctura cooler, hopefully with no fan in a tower case. If I have to use a fan, not a big deal as there will be fibre optic Ethernet between the HQ Desktop and the NAA.

So I am looking for suggestions / recommendations for 8GB fast memory, how to select a faster mobo speed, and how to overclock the 4930

I am a complete newbie in this field of fast PC's
    HQ Player 3.6.1.1 on various PC's > HQ Player NAA on WS 2012 + AO(MSM) on i7 3770 on DH61DL mobo > TOTALDAC D1 USB cable >
    Exasound E20 Mk III with 0.82 clock > Hypex NCore 400 > Inakustik LS1203 >
    B&W 805D. DSpeaker 8033 > Velodyne SPL 1200 Ultra
    GIK room treatment, diagonal speaker placement

Sonos Connect> Toslink > miniDSP Dirac DDRC-22D > Toslink > NAD D3020 > inAkustic zip cord > KEF LS50 + SVS SB-1000
    No room treatment, tiled floor, asymmetric room, unequal speaker distances to listening position

tebibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

I'm just a bit puzzled about the goal of your solution, the cure could be worst than disease. A 130 W CPU will generate a large amount of heat and electrical noise, an higher clock more RFI, and last and maybe least mobo get fantastic on board power supply but also a lot of useless copper (it's a full atx form factor) that could act like an antenna for emi and rfi. How do you think to feed this machine? A linear PSU for this type of CPU could be a real challenge to find, so you'll be compelled to use a switching PSU that will generate additional noise.
    All that is the theoretical aspect but practice could be different. Personally I disagree with too much power in favor of more balanced solutions, I don't think that the minimal latency way will be so useful on sound quality if achieved with a so expansive price in noise, but I could be wrong, obviously. Try and decide.

Predefinito

I am hoping the TP Links will keep the RF noise out of the NAA. Without the TP links, I would not consider something like this. The TP Link closest to the NAA will be powered by the Uptone JS-2 LPS. I also intend to test out the Corning USB 3 optical to connect the NAA to the DAC, and also trying the Uptone USB Regen which reclocks the USB and feeds clean 5 volt (from JS-2) to the DAC

Predefinito

HD Plex 250 W DC/DC and their LPS should be able to supply with the 130 watt CPU

I am looking at a 4 channel memory setup using 4 x 4GB with 2133 MHz speed to take advantage of the X79 quad channel memory. I want to give Primo Ramdisk fast i/o

Moderatore L'avatar di bibo01
    configurazione

Predefinito

250W is only an approximate figure. You have to see each voltage.
    You have to take into account motherboard, ram, hd, I/O for each voltage...not just CPU.
    Furthermore, various chips like on board audio and video are still electrically active even though you disable through bios/OS

pebibyte L'avatar di marcoc1712
    configurazione

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da audiodan
    I'm just a bit puzzled about the goal of your solution, the cure could be worst than disease. A 130 W CPU will generate a large amount of heat and electrical noise, an higher clock more RFI, and last and maybe least mobo get fantastic on board power supply but also a lot of useless copper (it's a full atx form factor) that could act like an antenna for emi and rfi. How do you think to feed this machine? A linear PSU for this type of CPU could be a real challenge to find, so you'll be compelled to use a switching PSU that will generate additional noise.
    All that is the theoretical aspect but practice could be different. Personally I disagree with too much power in favor of more balanced solutions, I don't think that the minimal latency way will be so useful on sound quality if achieved with a so expansive price in noise, but I could be wrong, obviously. Try and decide.
    +1.
    Ciao, Marco.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Autore della patch R2 per Squeezelite e del plugin C-3PO. note libere
    Logitech media Server 7.9 > miniPc + squeezelite-R2 / SB+ > "Lu Scalmentu" NOS R2R DAC by TubeOne/ AudioResearch DAC 1-20 >
    Klimo Merlino Gold TPS > DIS Interconnect > Kent Gold > Reference > Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE

Predefinito

The folly continues

I have ordered this 4 stick memory to take advantage of the 4 channel memory access which is available with this mobo
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz (PC3 17000)

At the end of the day, if there is no SQ improvement, or it actually sounds worse, then it will make a nice game machine

I don't think this machine would make sense if one was doing PCM to PCM processing, it's only interesting for PCM to DSD

gibibyte L'avatar di krellz

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da EuroDriver
    I am hoping the TP Links will keep the RF noise out of the NAA. Without the TP links, I would not consider something like this. The TP Link closest to the NAA will be powered by the Uptone JS-2 LPS. I also intend to test out the Corning USB 3 optical to connect the NAA to the DAC, and also trying the Uptone USB Regen which reclocks the USB and feeds clean 5 volt (from JS-2) to the DAC
    where to buy an usb3 Cornig optical cable ?!

i just found this in Germany
    ComLine GmbH - Online Shop : Corning USB3.0 Kabel optisch 10m

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da krellz
    where to buy an usb3 Cornig optical cable ?!

i just found this in Germany
    ComLine GmbH - Online Shop : Corning USB3.0 Kabel optisch 10m
    It's also sold here. Corning USB 3.0 Kabel optisch kaufen bei picturetools

I plugged mine in for the first time last night and it worked no problem with my Exasound

How did it sound ? I don't want to spoil the surprise when you hear it
    HQ Player 3.6.1.1 on various PC's > HQ Player NAA on WS 2012 + AO(MSM) on i7 3770 on DH61DL mobo > TOTALDAC D1 USB cable >
    Exasound E20 Mk III with 0.82 clock > Hypex NCore 400 > Inakustik LS1203 >
    B&W 805D. DSpeaker 8033 > Velodyne SPL 1200 Ultra
    GIK room treatment, diagonal speaker placement

Sonos Connect> Toslink > miniDSP Dirac DDRC-22D > Toslink > NAD D3020 > inAkustic zip cord > KEF LS50 + SVS SB-1000
    No room treatment, tiled floor, asymmetric room, unequal speaker distances to listening position

tebibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

It's a really interesting device. The only really problem that I can see is the terminations A-A, so we'll need a double cable , the optical one and the regular USB A-B, with two other connections on the line. In addiction, but it's only a boring particular, 10 meter of cable are too much for me.
    Can you give us some more news about it?

Pagina 1 di 2 1 2 ultimo

Informazioni Thread