i7-4930k on ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011 race-horse recommendations please

Pagina 2 di 2
prima
1 2
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 11 a 13 su 13
    nibble L'avatar di EuroDriver

Predefinito

This GE USB cable kit comes with adapters from USB A male to just about every type of USB male connector, so a perfect compliment to the Corning USB with its USB A female socket

Amazon.com: GE USB 2.0 Cable Kit, 6-Ft USB Cable W/6 Assorted A/B USB Adaptors: Electronics

Will be doing further testing, but so far works very nicely between my Surface Pro 3 and Exasound E20 with no handshaking problems. The SP3 is very electrically noisy, so not surprisingly, the SQ improvement was big

I added some ferrites to the Corning USB cable but could not detect any difference in SQ from no ferrites

Sadly my i5 SP3 is not powerful enough to run Polysinc filter so have to use Polysinc - 2s. I found Primo RAM disk made a noticeable improvement when HQ Player directory was copied to RamDisk. Interestingly the SQ was better with the music staying on the SP3 SSD and NOT copied to the RamDisk, so only a small RamDisk is needed.

Unfortunately with my Exasound DAC JPlay is not a very workable option

How was the get together yesterday ? I wanted to come, but I was traveling from USA to Europe yesterday.

I brought back with me the John Swenson designed Uptone JS-2 dual LPS to power my Exasound plus another piece of equipment, may be the NAA side Fibre Media Converter

This week I hope to test Windows 10. I am thinking that recent Win 10 build 10041 has OS supervisor / scheduler modules that have roots in Xbox OS which may explain Win 10 performance improvement over Win 8 & 8.1

Win 10 will be the OS for future Xboxes, as well as for smartphones and tablets

A lot of testing to do this week !

Next week hope to be able to put the Asus P9X79 together. It will have
    - 16 Gb 4 stick Corsair 2333 MHz memory
    - Samsung Evo 850 SSD
    - HD Plex LPS with 250 watt DC converter

Do you think it's worthwhile to put in a better Network Interface Card ? If so any suggestions ?
    Ultima modifica di EuroDriver : 30-03-2015 a 10:34
    HQ Player 3.6.1.1 on various PC's > HQ Player NAA on WS 2012 + AO(MSM) on i7 3770 on DH61DL mobo > TOTALDAC D1 USB cable >
    Exasound E20 Mk III with 0.82 clock > Hypex NCore 400 > Inakustik LS1203 >
    B&W 805D. DSpeaker 8033 > Velodyne SPL 1200 Ultra
    GIK room treatment, diagonal speaker placement

Sonos Connect> Toslink > miniDSP Dirac DDRC-22D > Toslink > NAD D3020 > inAkustic zip cord > KEF LS50 + SVS SB-1000
    No room treatment, tiled floor, asymmetric room, unequal speaker distances to listening position

gibibyte L'avatar di krellz

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da EuroDriver

I plugged mine in for the first time last night and it worked no problem with my Exasound

How did it sound ? I don't want to spoil the surprise when you hear it
    without examining the substance, this article, gives an explanation, but not on the side of bits ...:
    Cables, Bits, and Noise: How Cables Can Make A Sound Difference | AudioStream
    finally explains why a cable (USB or other digital) built better is really better in the transmission, not in bits, but in reducing the noise that inevitably degrade the signal and enter in the stadiums of the DAC and preamp. the fiber solution is definitely an excellent (cheap) barrier to noise.
    I bet that the sound will be great!

nibble L'avatar di EuroDriver

Predefinito

The machine is up and running with Win 10

Here were the problems
    - it's hard if not impossible to find a CPU cooler for a 2011 socket to handle the 130 watt CPU without a fan running. I actually have a PWM controlled fan running in between the two banks of the cooler

- there is no sonic advantage running a 4 channel memory controller, and may be even a dis-advantage. I have removed 3 sticks of memory

- took me quite a while to figure out which USB port could work with the Corning USB. The useable USB port is marked Flash BIOS !

- so much time fooling around, always listening to test tracks, no time to enjoy the music

The CPU load is about 30 pct doing Polysinc and DSD7 converting 16/44 to DSD256
    Primo RamDisk makes just as big a sonic difference as it does on my other PC

Next week I should be able to do a comparison with my DH61DL audio LPS machine

I am thinking about a proper HQ Player PC with a CPU TDP of not more than 70 watts. Does anyone have experience with ECC Ram ?
    Ultima modifica di EuroDriver : 10-04-2015 a 07:33
    HQ Player 3.6.1.1 on various PC's > HQ Player NAA on WS 2012 + AO(MSM) on i7 3770 on DH61DL mobo > TOTALDAC D1 USB cable >
    Exasound E20 Mk III with 0.82 clock > Hypex NCore 400 > Inakustik LS1203 >
    B&W 805D. DSpeaker 8033 > Velodyne SPL 1200 Ultra
    GIK room treatment, diagonal speaker placement

Sonos Connect> Toslink > miniDSP Dirac DDRC-22D > Toslink > NAD D3020 > inAkustic zip cord > KEF LS50 + SVS SB-1000
    No room treatment, tiled floor, asymmetric room, unequal speaker distances to listening position

Pagina 2 di 2
prima
1 2

Informazioni Thread