Guida a Logitech Media Server, Squeezelite e derivati.

Pagina 175 di 188
prima
... 75 125 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... ultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1,741 a 1,750 su 1875
    kibibyte

Predefinito

Maybe is not related to this, but take a look here: REALTIME PRIORITY
    If you don't play/upsample with Roon, but you are using Roon only as control point, it will not need an high realtime priority.
    -----

2) RTAPP configuration

Please read first the readme at /usr/share/doc/rtapp/readme.txt

The default configuration file is /etc/rtapp/rtapp.conf

APPLICATIONS="jackd mpd hqplayer hqplayerd RoonAppliance RoonBridge sox mediacenter24 networkaudiod deadbeef a2jmidid ardour-5.12.0 rosegarden audacity"

MAX_PRIORITY="85"

MODE="autodec"

In general you don't need to modify the list of applications, but if you are using Roon as control point for HQPlayer, the real player would be the last one, so we suggest to remove RoonAppliance from that list. This is true in general if you are using one of the applications in the list only as a control point.

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da hifi25nl
    Maybe is not related to this, but take a look here: REALTIME PRIORITY
    If you don't play/upsample with Roon, but you are using Roon only as control point, it will not need an high realtime priority.
    -----

2) RTAPP configuration

Please read first the readme at /usr/share/doc/rtapp/readme.txt

The default configuration file is /etc/rtapp/rtapp.conf

APPLICATIONS="jackd mpd hqplayer hqplayerd RoonAppliance RoonBridge sox mediacenter24 networkaudiod deadbeef a2jmidid ardour-5.12.0 rosegarden audacity"

MAX_PRIORITY="85"

MODE="autodec"

In general you don't need to modify the list of applications, but if you are using Roon as control point for HQPlayer, the real player would be the last one, so we suggest to remove RoonAppliance from that list. This is true in general if you are using one of the applications in the list only as a control point.
    Hi Piero,

I am confused between this tuning, and selecting AudioLinux Extreme at boot time. How are these 2 related? Does switching between BFQ and Extreme at boot cause new different values to be used in the rtirq.conf and rtapp.conf files?

I will take a look at my config. Are you saying I should add "squeezelite" to the APPLICATIONS list?

kibibyte

Predefinito

They are completely different:
    Extreme at boot time set the CPU to never sleep for the best potential latency.
    Extreme in configuration Menu set priority of irqs and applications.

In your case, if Roon is only a control point (no sound play or processing) I would add squeezelite and remove RoonAppliance (and remove applications not used). For example:
    APPLICATIONS="mpd hqplayer hqplayerd squeezelite RoonBridge sox networkaudiod"

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da hifi25nl
    They are completely different:
    Extreme at boot time set the CPU to never sleep for the best potential latency.
    Extreme in configuration Menu set priority of irqs and applications.

In your case, if Roon is only a control point (no sound play or processing) I would add squeezelite and remove RoonAppliance (and remove applications not used). For example:
    APPLICATIONS="mpd hqplayer hqplayerd squeezelite RoonBridge sox networkaudiod"
    Hi Piero,

Thanks for clarifying. The key thing I will do is add squeezelite to the list, and remove unndeeded ones.

Also, I will now play with the rtapp and rtirq settings - I mistakenly thought they were controlled by the boot option.

Thanks again!

bit

Predefinito

Hello folks,

I am using C-3PO plugin to upsample everything to DSD256. However, I noticed that when DSD (say DSD64) content is upsampled, the gain is very low (more than -6db). This does not happen with PCM content. Did I miss any configuration ?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the output of the command executed

Profile:

dsf-dsf-*-00:00:00:00:00:00

Command:

[sox] -q -t dsf $FILE$ -t dsf -b 1 --buffer 262144 --multi-threaded - lowpass -2 22000 gain -h rate -v -L -t -b 90.7 -f 11289600 sdm -f clans-7

Tokenized command:

"/opt/logitechmediaserver/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t dsf "/mnt/RoonStorage_e7dd3ee5f742dc6df81956962dc793c4c92f30a9/Stockfish Records/Closer To The Music Vol. 1 (Stockfish Records) (DSD)/04 - Sara K. - The Painter.dsf" -t dsf -b 1 --buffer 262144 --multi-threaded - lowpass -2 22000 gain -h rate -v -L -t -b 90.7 -f 11289600 sdm -f clans-7 & |

Here is the configuration

pebibyte L'avatar di marcoc1712
    configurazione

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da devg
    Hello folks,

I am using C-3PO plugin to upsample everything to DSD256. However, I noticed that when DSD (say DSD64) content is upsampled, the gain is very low (more than -6db). This does not happen with PCM content. Did I miss any configuration ?

Thanks in advance.

Profile:

Command:

[sox] -q -t dsf $FILE$ -t dsf -b 1 --buffer 262144 --multi-threaded - lowpass -2 22000 gain -h rate -v -L -t -b 90.7 -f 11289600 sdm -f clans-7
    It's normal, when PCM is encoded to DSD (and when upsampling first you have DSD to PCM decoding, upsampling and then encoding) gain is reduced by 6db from the filter, to avoid clipping.

Adding "gain -r" at the end of the command will try to restore the maximum gain is possible, but normally is negligible at best and the effect is the same as lift the volume, so...
    Ciao, Marco.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Autore della patch R2 per Squeezelite e del plugin C-3PO. note libere
    Logitech media Server 7.9 > miniPc + squeezelite-R2 / SB+ > "Lu Scalmentu" NOS R2R DAC by TubeOne/ AudioResearch DAC 1-20 >
    Klimo Merlino Gold TPS > DIS Interconnect > Kent Gold > Reference > Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE

pebibyte L'avatar di marcoc1712
    configurazione

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da devg
    Hello folks,

Thanks in advance.

Profile:

Command:

Tokenized command:

"/opt/logitechmediaserver/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t dsf "/mnt/RoonStorage_e7dd3ee5f742dc6df81956962dc793c4c92f30a9/Stockfish Records/Closer To The Music Vol. 1 (Stockfish Records) (DSD)/04 - Sara K. - The Painter.dsf" -t dsf -b 1 --buffer 262144 --multi-threaded - lowpass -2 22000 gain -h rate -v -L -t -b 90.7 -f 11289600 sdm -f clans-7 & |

Be aware you are not filtering HF before resampling, that will sure result in an overhead of your CPU.
    Ciao, Marco.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Autore della patch R2 per Squeezelite e del plugin C-3PO. note libere
    Logitech media Server 7.9 > miniPc + squeezelite-R2 / SB+ > "Lu Scalmentu" NOS R2R DAC by TubeOne/ AudioResearch DAC 1-20 >
    Klimo Merlino Gold TPS > DIS Interconnect > Kent Gold > Reference > Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE

bit

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da marcoc1712
    It's normal, when PCM is encoded to DSD (and when upsampling first you have DSD to PCM decoding, upsampling and then encoding) gain is reduced by 6db from the filter, to avoid clipping.

Adding "gain -r" at the end of the command will try to restore the maximum gain is possible, but normally is negligible at best and the effect is the same as lift the volume, so...
    Thanks Marco. The low gain (less than -6db) happens with DSD upsampling only, for example, if I am upsampling a DSD64 file to DSD256. For PCM upsampling to DSD256, there is slight reduction in gain but its within -6db range. Do you think its normal ?

bit

Predefinito

Originariamente inviato da marcoc1712
    Be aware you are not filtering HF before resampling, that will sure result in an overhead of your CPU.
    How do I enable it in the settings ?

bit

Predefinito

folks,

as a new user of LMS/Squeezelite, I am still learning and trying to find the right configuration for my setup. My Dac is optimized for native dsd256 playback and hence I would like to up-sample everything to native dsd256 using C-3PO plugin. The server that runs LMS is Intel NUC8I7BEH. I am finding that there are drop outs with certain sample rate and flac file format - the music plays for a second or two and then stop and then plays again then stops and so on...The drop outs happens with 88.2Khz, 96KHz, 192KHz in flac formats only but the same sample rate works fine with other formats, e.g. 192K wav plays fine.

All these sample rate works fine when played through HQplayer with poly-sinc-xtr-mp or poly-sinc-ext2 filter setting which are very compute intensive. I am wondering if sox is more demanding of cpu ? When I play them, I see sox sometimes consuming 99% cpu on one core. I tried with dsd64 as well but to no avail and even tried the quality setting in C-3PO to "quick" or "low" but same result. Is there a better configuration to upsample in native dsd256 ?

Appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
    Ultima modifica di devg : 27-11-2018 a 19:52

Pagina 175 di 188
prima
... 75 125 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... ultimo

Informazioni Thread