need a clearer translation of your m7vkb page

Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 8 su 8

Predefinito

Please send me a good english translation of your wonderful motherboard modification of that biostar m7vkb. I have almost the exactly the same board but its revision 1.1. I know babelfish sometimes does the job but in this case I need some clarification.

the page is here.
    http://www.italian3dnow.it/recensioni/socketaoc/

dang you italians always have something I need.

mebibyte L'avatar di Mega

Predefinito

dont know who will translate all the stuffs in that article.
    if you're able to build a device without many explananionts i can send you some photos with two words about what you have to do with it....dont have time to translate it.
    post here your answer

Predefinito

Here are some questions.

How were you able to create a 3 way switch off the two 4 bit dipswitches?

Where can vcc_core and ground be obtained? Could I get it off any of any of the vcc_core and vss_core pins, respectively (underneth the pcb)?

Predefinito

here's a link for you..it's an english and a well done guide to the modification:
    http://home.att.ne.jp/gold/XLV750R/hiroji/e_hiroji.htm
    i connected the GND to the cpu fan ground pin

my bad english doesnt allow me to explain you what to do
    if you give me a photo of the circuit you're following i can try to explain something...

however, you need to be very able in device construction and in soldering. it's not for everybody, that's sure.

i can give you the e mail address of a friend that got a site (in italian) that explain how to build the device...maybe he can english and can explain you how to follow his guide
    his site is http://amdoc.supereva.it
    his e-mail address is stefano.pe@inwind.it
    write him and say him MEGA has given you the address...

i'll appreciate if you will post your possible success here in this forum...let me know if you got success!!!
    if you got other question post it here...i'll try to answer as i can..

good luck...

Predefinito

Some more questions

Why did you choose to use 220ohm resistors instead of 100ohm resistors? Was this due to heat concerns because of the golden fingers devices that the orginal athlon made to the ambient temperature rise? Could this mess up the logic of the cpu to determine weather it is a pull high or pull low?

Why was it necessary to connect vcc_core to vid? Would a open circuit, cut motherboard traces, mean the same as connecting vcc_core to vid?

I know that you achieved sucess, and many who trust your results might make the dive right way on this modification. This could lead to disaster if someone does not understand the logic behind this. The reason's that I continue to ask questions is because I want to understand what im doing before I make the modifications. Many thanks for the support that you have been giving me.

Predefinito

oh..you're right..i think the first thing to do when you put your hands into your computer is to understand what ya going to do...however i cant give you all the answers, i'm not a technician...it's for this reason that i've given you the address of this friend...you can ask him..he got a really good knowledge about the device you're going to build...and maybe he knows better english than me too!!

dont know why he choosed 220 ohm resistors: the most probably reason is why the resistors that work on your mobo to do that work are 220 ohm...

Vid are responsible for the voltage settings of the processor core...the vcc_core is responsible of the carrying of the voltage to the core...a certain combination of the vid pins give a certain voltage ....

you're going to build a device that is already implemented in mainboards like Abit K7t or Asus a7v.....nothing more...maybe you can confront the datasheet of those mainboards and yours and then confront again with the device...i think you should understand better...
    Excuse me for my bad english, i'm doing many words trying to explain you , dont know if you're understanding..let me know...
    I give you for the second time the address of the device builder : stefano.pe@inwind.it write him..and do him these question...

i can only say that this device really work..that my 600mhz duron is now running stable at 1050mhz with a voltage of 1.90 and a temperature of 33° celsius...

bye

Predefinito

How did you shut off communication to the motherboard though both sets of VID and FID? I went you your personal page and I saw that you popped open the socket on the motherboard to get though those pins. I tried this on my old socket 7 motherboard and it was difficult to remove the top part of the socket interface. I couldn't open it eventualy so what do you recommend to pop off the cover?

Yes I understand every bit of commnunication you send though this thread. Good job Mega at reaching ~1GHz

Predefinito

That's not my web site...that's the site of a friend i've said you to contact for help...
    However, me too i wasnt able to remove contacts from the socket...i've cutten off the pins of the cpu...only fid and vid pins...bp_fid dont need to be removed

Informazioni Thread